Atmospheric Compensation - DigitalGlobe AComp Pre-Processing
DigitalGlobe's Atmospheric Compensation (AComp) an algorithm that removes haze and vapor particles and is used to correct and clarify high resolution panchromatic and multi-spectral satellite images (including SWIR bands) under diverse atmospheric conditions. Atmospheric Compensation (AComp) cuts through haze providing accurate analysis to support feature extraction applications from high resolution satellite imagery including WorldView-2, WorldView-3, WorldView-4, GeoEye-1, WorldView-1, QuickBird and IKONOS satellites and image data from other Satellite sensors.
Image Copyright © DigitalGlobe. All rights reserved.
AComp can greatly benefit to industries including oil and gas, agriculture, defense and intelligence, mining, and disaster relief efforts.
DigitalGlobe offers the AComp pre-processing at no additional charge.
What AComp does:
- Minimizes haze effects while preserving the full spectral information in reflectance pixel values
- A fully automated process, available on the entire DigitalGlobe constellation
- Significantly improves the accuracy of image mining and machine learning algorithms
- Provides normalized surface reflectance values across every pixel
- Facilitates cross-sensor processing, by enabling comparison across DigitalGlobe and other satellites
- Removes significant error in the comparison of images over time
- Compatible across both panchromatic and multi-spectral images
|DOWNLOAD DATASHEET||DOWNLOAD WHITE PAPER||DOWNLOAD VALIDATION STUDY|