Satellite Images for Oil and Gas Development
On-the-ground fieldwork in hostile terrain can be expensive, time consuming and could have Health Safety Environmental (HSE) implications. With accurate satellite map data, seismic planning in high dunes, mountainous, or tropical areas can be mapped out before your crew ever reaches the proposed development area, saving thousands or millions of dollars in development and exploration costs.
ArcScene 3D Digital Terrain Model - Dutch Harbor, Alaska
After retrieval of your satellite imagery for the proposed drill site, your geological and seismic interpreted geology information is supplemented with extraction of vector data such as current and proposed well positions, field data, geochemical data, elevation data, environmental habitats and more, creating a complete picture of the potential work site.
Our products can be used to:
- Identify access roads
- Plot new and identify old seismic surveys and well locations
- Select proposed new well locations
- Determine private property lines
- Calculate pump size and stations based on terrain elevations
- Map pipeline routes in hostile or heavily developed terrain
- Avoid conflicts with underground utilities