Atmospheric Compensation - DigitalGlobe AComp Pre-Processing
DigitalGlobe's Atmospheric Compensation (AComp) an algorithm that removes haze and vapor particles and is used to correct and clarify high resolution panchromatic and multi-spectral satellite images (including SWIR bands) under diverse atmospheric conditions. AComp cuts through haze providing accurate analysis to support feature extraction applications from high resolution satellite imagery including WorldView-2, WorldView-3, WorldView-4, GeoEye-1, WorldView-1, QuickBird and IKONOS satellites and image data from other Satellite sensors.
Left: Top-of-Atmosphere Reflectance - Richt: Surface Reflectance - Image Copyright © DigitalGlobe. All rights reserved.
AComp can greatly benefit to industries including oil and gas, agriculture, defense and intelligence, mining, and disaster relief efforts.
DigitalGlobe offers the AComp pre-processing at no additional charge.
What AComp does:
- Minimizes haze effects while preserving the full spectral information in reflectance pixel values
- A fully automated process, available on the entire DigitalGlobe constellation
- Significantly improves the accuracy of image mining and machine learning algorithms
- Provides normalized surface reflectance values across every pixel
- Facilitates cross-sensor processing, by enabling comparison across DigitalGlobe and other satellites
- Removes significant error in the comparison of images over time
- Compatible across both panchromatic and multi-spectral images
|DOWNLOAD DATASHEET||DOWNLOAD WHITE PAPER||DOWNLOAD VALIDATION STUDY|